Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Teen Program: Page Corner Bookmarks

Even though we don't typically offer weekly programs for teens at my smaller branch library, we had an end-of-session party for the teen volunteers last week.

I happened to have craft left-overs from another librarian that were shark corner bookmarks. 


It's a craft that I had not found an opportunity to use yet and one that I thought the teens would enjoy. ESPECIALLY since there are TONS of ideas online of ways they could make their own version.

Using the template that I had from the shark bookmarks, I made several card stock templates that the teens could use. They could trace the templates on whatever color paper they wanted and add their own flare. 


I also provided pictures of a variety of other ideas that were out there on the internet. There were ones of Pokemon, Ninja Turtles, monsters, Minions, book and movie characters, animals, and the list goes on. I wanted to make it clear to the teens that they could take the supplies and really use their imaginations to create whatever they wanted.

Supplies:
*Templates
*Construction Paper
*Scrap-booking Paper
*Scissors
*Glue Sticks
*Snacks & Drinks

Using inspiration from here, here's a Harry Potter bookmark:

My husband is a fan of Ninja Turtles so I used inspiration from a Ninja Turtle corner bookmark image on Google to make this for him:

And one of my teens found inspiration in the Pokemon ideas and made a Jigglypuff:


Final Notes:
This was a fun program for the teens AND for me. I had fun decompressing after a very hectic Summer Reading Program making a few bookmarks of my own. I guess with any teen program it is helpful to find topics or activities that you, as the host, will also enjoy. 

Attendance: 8 teens

No comments:

Post a Comment